Since its establishment in 2003, the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science’s San Francisco Office (JSPS SF: http://www.jspsusa-sf.org/index.php) has been supporting exchange between the Japanese and American researcher communities while acting as a hub for Japanese universities’ West Coast offices and their networking activities. This 15th anniversary event is to highlight the achievements of the international research centers established by the World Premier International Research Center Initiative (WPI). These globally visible research centers focus on a wide range of fields such as energy, chemistry, plant biology and astrophysics. The program will be followed by a networking reception.
13:30 Opening Remarks13:50 WPI Presentations17:30 Networking Reception
– Kavli IPMU | Founding Director/Principal Investigator, Hitoshi Murayama
– Lyman-Alpha Forest Tomography: Mapping the Shadows of the Cosmic Web at High Noon | Project Assistant Professor, Khee‐Gan Lee
– Materials research in the digitalized society| Director/Principal Investigator, Motoko Kotani
– Oxide electronics: converting insulators into electronic materials| Professor/Principal Investigator, Tomoteru Fukumura
– Engineering Carbon‐Neutral Energy Solutions and Cultural Bridges Across the Pacific | Director/Principal Investigator, Petros Sofronis
– Efficient and Stable Metal Halide Perovskite Solar Cells | Associate Professor, Toshinori Matsushima
– Institute of Transformative Bio‐Molecules (ITbM): Changing the World with Molecules | Administrative Director/ Designated Professor, Tsuyoshi Matsumoto
– A bump-and-hole strategy toward freehand manipulation of plant hormone signaling | Designated Associate Professor, Naoyuki Uchida
Free and open to the public. RSVP required.