The 2019 Modern Chinese Humanities Conference will be held at Stanford University on April 12-13, 2019. Click here to go to the 2019 Conference page for more details.
Initiated in 2010, the annual Berkeley-Stanford Graduate Student Conference in Modern Chinese Humanities brings together current graduate students from across the U.S. and around the world to present innovative research on any aspect of modern Chinese cultural production in the humanistic disciplines.
The conference provides a window into current research in Chinese studies, and serves as a platform for fostering interaction among budding scholars of geographically disparate institutions, facilitating their exchange of ideas and interests. Specifically, the organizing committee hopes that this conference will encourage interdisciplinary scholarship within and between literary and cultural studies, cultural history, art history, film and media studies, musicology and sound studies, as well as the interpretative social sciences.
Past Conference Schedules & Presenters
- 2018 Conference schedule (U.C. Berkeley)
- 2017 Conference schedule (Stanford)
- 2016 Conference schedule (U.C. Berkeley)
- 2015 Conference schedule (Stanford)
- 2014 Conference schedule (U.C. Berkeley)
- 2013 Conference schedule (Stanford)
- 2012 Conference schedule (U.C. Berkeley)
- 2011 Conference schedule (Stanford)
- 2010 Conference schedule (U.C. Berkeley)
Past Student Organizers
- 2018--Annie Malcolm, Xiaoyu Xia (UC Berkeley); Melissa Hosek, Shan Huang (Stanford)
- 2017--Mei Li Inouye, Jessica Chen (Stanford); Keru Cai, Jianqing Chen (UC Berkeley)
- 2016--Xiangjun Feng, Linda Zhang (UC Berkeley); Gina Tam, Eunyeong Kim (Stanford)
- 2015--Hangping Xu, Koji Hirata (Stanford); Caleb Ford, Laurence Coderre (UC Berkeley)
- 2014--Julia Keblinska, Larissa Pitts (UC Berkeley); Eldon Pei, Renren Yang (Stanford)
- 2013--Christine Ho, Yvon Wang (Stanford); Lawrence Zi-qiao Yang, Paulina Hartono (UC Berkeley)
- 2012--Peiting Li, Evelyn Shih (UC Berkeley); Lauren Eidel Parker, Anna Pawlowski (Stanford)
- 2011--Fang Xie, Chenshu Zhou (Stanford); Laurence Coderre, Menghsin Cindy Horng (UC Berkeley)
- 2010--Jeannette Ng, Liu Xiao (UC Berkeley); Adrian Thieret, Zhang Yu (Stanford)