Language Learning at Stanford
- Chinese Studies Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Japanese Studies Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Berkeley-Stanford Modern Chinese Humanities Conference
- Stanford-Berkeley Pre-Modern Chinese Humanities Conference
- Conference Announcements
- Stanford Language Learning
- Student Groups
- Other Departments and Centers
The Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures at Stanford is dedicated to the languages, literatures, linguistics and cultures of East Asia. In cooperation with the Stanfiord Langauge Center, the Department offers courses in Japanese, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese, and Taiwanese.
The Stanford Language Center coordinates all language courses, establishes and maintains performance standards for language instruction, and administers language placement tests for incoming students. Their Stanford Digital Language Lab provides resources, facilities and support for language instruction and learning to the entire Stanford community.