CEAS POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP IN CHINESE STUDIES
The Center for East Asian Studies at Stanford University is pleased to offer a postdoctoral fellowship in Chinese Studies for the 2017-18 academic year. This award is open to scholars in the humanities and social sciences studying any historical period. The fellowship will begin September 1, 2017 and end August 31, 2018, with a 12-month stipend of approximately $60,000. Fellows are required to be in residence in the Stanford area during the appointment period; to teach one course during the academic year; and to participate in all regular Center activities. Stanford University Press will have first right of refusal for manuscripts produced during the postdoctoral appointment.
- Applicants must have been awarded their Ph.D. no later than August 31 the year in which the fellowship begins, and may not be more than four years beyond receipt of the doctoral degree at the start of their fellowship.
- In addition to non-affiliated PhD's, this fellowship may be awarded to those who hold continuing, assistant professor-level teaching positions, if they meet other application qualifications.
- U.S. citizenship is not required.
- Those who have received their Ph.D. from Stanford University will not normally be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
The 2017-18 application period is now open. The application deadline is January 15, 2017.
Applications will only be accepted via our interfolio online application portal. No email or paper submissions will be accepted.
The interfolio application consists of an online Applicant Biographical Information form, and the following required documents:
1) Current curriculum vitae
2) Research statement for the year of appointment (max. 5-page double-spaced)
3) Writing sample (dissertation chapter or other paper) no longer than 30 pages (whether single-spaced or double-spaced)
4) Two letters of recommendation
5) Two syllabi for proposed courses
Questions regarding this fellowship may be addressed to John Groschwitz, Associate Director, at email@example.com.
OTHER POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AT STANFORD
Freeman Spogli Institute for International
Studies offers several types of postdoctoral
fellowships and visiting scholar/visiting fellow
programs related to East Asia. Deadlines and
The Andrew W. Mellon Fellowship of Scholars in the Humanities (formerly the Stanford Humanities Fellows Program) is an interdisciplinary program offering postdoctoral fellowships in humanities disciplines. The program brings outstanding younger scholars (within three years of the PhD) to Stanford on two-year fellowships.