Other Event Calendars
- Stanford Events
- Stanford Global Studies
- All APARC Events
- Asia Health Policy Program (AHPP)
- China Program
- Japan Program
- Korea Program
- Southeast Asia Program
- Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies
- Taiwan Democracy Project
- Ho Center for Buddhist Studies at Stanford
- Stanford Program on Regions of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- US-Asia Technology Management Center (US-ATMC)
Film screening of "Oh Bless Us Gedun Drup: a Prayer Hall for the Dalai Lama"
Khen Rinpoche Tsetan, Producer of the film
The film shows the history of Tashi Lhunpo Monastic University from the 15th century to the present, and the relationship between the Dalai Lamas and Panchen Lamas who figure in the key events of that history. The film also depicts some of the exile Tibetan community's efforts to keep the Dharma teachings alive.
The co-producers of the film, Khen Rinpoche Tsetan and Sangye Choedon, will introduce the film and take questions after the showing of the film.
Thursday, March 22, 2012 | 7:30 pm — 9:30 pm