Other Event Calendars
- Stanford Events
- Stanford Global Studies
- All APARC Events
- Asia Health Policy Program (AHPP)
- China Program
- Japan Program
- Korea Program
- Southeast Asia Program
- Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies
- Ho Center for Buddhist Studies at Stanford
- Stanford Program on Regions of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- US-Asia Technology Management Center (US-ATMC)
Chinese Development, Education, and Migration - Rural-to-Urban Migration: Challenges for China's Development
Scott Rozelle, Professor,Stanford University
150 million rural Chinese citizens--roughly 4 times the population of California--are moving into cities. Over 30% of them are school-aged. Although China's economy is growing how the country grapples with migration and education will determine its future.
Professor Rozelle will discuss why the future of Chinese development depends on how it addresses migration and education issues.
Light dinner provided.
Wednesday, May 18, 2011 | 6:00 pm — 7:00 pm