Other Event Calendars
- Stanford Events
- Stanford Global Studies
- All APARC Events
- Asia Health Policy Program (AHPP)
- China Program
- Japan Program
- Korea Program
- Southeast Asia Program
- Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies
- Taiwan Democracy Project
- Ho Center for Buddhist Studies at Stanford
- Stanford Program on Regions of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- US-Asia Technology Management Center (US-ATMC)
What is a Buddhist Practitioner to Make of Emptiness?
Gil Fronsdal, Insight Meditation Center
Preceded by an optional meditation session 6:30-7:15pm. Talk to begin at 7:30pm.
Teachings on emptiness have an important place in most Buddhist traditions. The earliest period of Buddhism in India insights and experiences of emptiness were closely connected with Awakening or Liberation. This talk will present the practices and realizations of emptiness which the Buddha taught as part of the path to Awakening.
Thursday, January 27, 2011 | 7:30 pm — 9:00 pm